Monday, October 09, 2006

next g anyone?

Australia is currently being hit by a marketing blitz on the scale of the recent Coke Zero mega push earlier in the year. Telstra have launched their new 'next g' network? So what is this? Well, I'm only a little tech savvy but I'm not sure if its anything new or in fact its just Telstra's version of 3mobile?

The website doesn't help too much either, it just seems to be a fancy mobile phone shop, with a Beatles soundtrack! I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. I love the idea of having email, TV, music etc.. on one handset but I'm yet to be Wow'd by anything that is affordable. Affordability is the key to all of this. There's no point having a handset that just gets the masses deeper and deeper in debt. One day someone will realise that honesty with pricing is the best policy.

No comments: